Friday, December 12, 2008

Update

It seems I wasn't clear when I posted an excerpt from my multi-genre paper. I've written other pieces of it, but that is as far as I've gotten in the personal essay. I will write more this weekend, so expect another installment of that on Monday.
Here's a poem:

STRAIGHT FROM THE GUT

When I hear the name
Jack Welch
Former CEO of GE
I think of the time his book was assigned
for a Corporate Power class
at Vassar

I thought,
what an Ass.
He fucked up the Hudson and
doesn't think he needs to clean it up
because
he didn't know about PCBs

He's a suit
Scumbag

When I hear the name
Jack Welch
I remember Jason in my room
Reading lines aloud
"It's always good to have a power plant
for a neighbor"
Laughing

And Vassar in the Spring
White buds blossoming
Frisbee and hookah and
grass stains on my
cargo shorts

This has nothing to do with
Jack Welch
But everything to do with
Reading
his book.

1 comment:

jasy blogs said...

hmm.. so this is where your disdain for "suits" come from?